Will Jeff Green be back in a Thunder uniform next season?
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Simply put, how much another team offers Green next summer will determine whether he remains in a Thunder uniform beyond this season. Oklahoma City's front office has had few missteps, and it's unlikely that one of the most disciplined franchises will overpay to retain Green at the risk of jeopardizing the rest of its young nucleus.
But the bond between Green and the Thunder is a strong one, dating to his surprising, and questioned, selection as the fifth overall pick.
Since joining Durant as the franchise's first two cornerstones, Green has endeared himself to the coaching staff and managerial staff. He's earned a reputation for being both the consummate teammate and valuable because of his versatility.
Green on several occasions has voiced his desire to stay with the Thunder, and it's not far-fetched to think he would take less money to remain with a winning team. San Antonio guard Manu Ginobili and Miami's Udonis Haslem both recently agreed to re-sign with their respective teams for less money than they could have received elsewhere.
Must Green follow suit to stick around?
That answer will now be revealed next summer.
News Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena