Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City expects holiday weekend to be busy
Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday are expected to be the busiest days at Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City.
Not nearly as many travelers are expected to fly this year as those who will drive, but airports will still be plenty packed. Wednesday, Thursday morning and Sunday are expected to be the busiest travel times this week at Will Rogers World Airport.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“Sunday will be the biggest day for returns. It will be the busiest day of the week. And that will spill over into Monday as well,” said Karen Carney, an airport spokeswoman.
With a construction project in the airport's two-story parking garage ongoing, Carney reminded airport customers that the hourly parking is in a temporary location. Drivers can follow the signs to locate hourly parking spaces on the first level of the five-story parking garage.
Travelers should continue to arrive 90 minutes before their scheduled departure time and pay attention to when the airline stops issuing boarding passes for their flight.
Other holiday travel tips from the Transportation Security Administration:
Wrapped gifts are allowed but TSA agents may have to unwrap them for inspection. Try to wait to wrap gifts until you reach your destination.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit