William, Kate, Harry meet British Olympic team
LONDON (AP) — Prince William, the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry have dropped in on the British Olympic team's official residence to wish them good luck and to admire the bronze medal won by swimmer Rebecca Adlington.
Tuesday's royal visit caught dozens of athletes by surprise.
Adlington, who has a passion for fashion, told the duchess she loved her navy wedges — and kept gushing about them afterward.
"I just love her shoes. They're much nicer than the sports gear we're wearing this week," said Adlington, who took bronze in the 400-meter freestyle.
William and Harry, both wearing white Olympics shirts, toured the quarters for the women's handball players. Harry joked that his brother didn't know the rules, but William said he'd been reading up on the sport.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say