Williams hurt in nightclub, won't play Pro Bowl
The Pro Bowl players have been practicing in Hawaii since Wednesday for a game in jeopardy unless the quality of play improves.
The Pro Bowl appearance is marking something of a personal comeback for Williams, who was suspended four games in 2011 for testing positive multiple times for marijuana.
The 24-year-old former first-round pick in 2009 owned up to his mistake and worked to rebuild his reputation. He was elected a team captain on offense this season.
Oskar Garcia can be reached on Twitter at http://twitter.com/oskargarcia .
AP Sports Writer Joseph White in Washington and Associated Press writer Audrey McAvoy in Honolulu contributed to this report.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments