Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Williams Partners benefits from restructuring
A $12 billion restructuring by its corporate parent propelled Williams Partners LP to the No. 2 spot in this year's Oklahoma Inc. rankings.
/> Its natural gas pipeline system delivers an average of 12 percent of the gas used daily in the United States, he said. Williams Partners has its midstream assets concentrated in key areas, Campbell said. It is the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the Rocky Mountains and the largest gas gatherer in the Gulf Coast. Campbell said Williams Partners is very attractive to investors now because master limited partnerships are yield-based securities. Williams Partners produces steady revenue as a fee-based business. Campbell said customers rent a share of the capacity in Williams Partners' pipeline system. They must pay regardless of whether they have any gas flowing in the pipe. "They're paying for the pipeline every day,” he said. Campbell said those assets give Williams Partners a bright future because there are plenty of growth opportunities available without having to make any major acquisitions.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101343Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13633Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10711Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9528OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8426Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7731How to help tornado victims
- 7199Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area