Wine Day to showcase Oklahoma producers
Oklahoma State Fair Wine Day will include demonstrations, sampling and seminars.
Visitors to the Oklahoma State Fair will be able to sample Oklahoma wine by the sip, glass or bottle today during the second annual Wine Day.
"The wine industry in Oklahoma is growing rapidly," said Jenny Grigsby, creative arts manager for the fair, "and I think this is an important step to educate the public."
NewsOK Related Articles
Wineries and a home brewing company will be open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. in the Creative Arts Building. Chris Milum of Learn to Brew will give live beer brewing demonstrations from noon to 3 p.m. Summerside Vineyards and Winery will host free wine appreciation talks from 3 to 5 p.m.
Wine Day gives smaller Oklahoma wineries the chance to share their products with fairgoers without having to commit to all 11 days of the fair, Grigsby said.
"A lot of people are surprised to find out we had so many wineries in Oklahoma," she said.
Wine Day follows the third annual wine competition, which was judged last week. Amateur and professional winemakers entered more than 100 wines in 20 categories this year, Grigsby said.
"I'm hoping that this event will just get bigger and better and it will be something that people will look forward to," she said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated