Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Winning Waffles: New food truck in Oklahoma City has heart of a champion
By Dave Cathey
| Published: April 25, 2012
As for April, they offered three savories and three sweets. The savories included eggs and wild boar — which Taylor said was the bounty of a friendly hunter — in one called the Zuko; pepperoni and other pizza-friendly ingredients in the one named after Kenicki; and loads of seasonal vegetables in a third.
As for the sweets, the Sandra D begins with a cinnamon-roll batter and ends in brown butter and local pecans; the Frenchie is a platform for fresh fruit. But the coup de grace is named for Rizzo. Let your palate imagine the bliss it might encounter if it hosted a ball for peanut butter, nutella, almond Snickers pieces, fresh whipped cream and organic banana slices.
You'll pay $6 for these treats, but under the right pressure from heart and hunger, you might pay $10.
Taylor said she and partner Todd Woodruff might some day dabble in bricks and mortar, but for now they plan to concentrate on operating out of the truck and spreading the Waffle Champion gospel as far the road will take them.
Tracking the truck
If you would like to find a road that leads to Waffle Champion, go to Facebook and keyword Waffle Champion — the short-term schedule is posted there. You can also follow them on Twitter (@wafflechampion). Or you can call 525-9235. If you plan to be at the Norman Music Festival, you'll find the truck there.