UPDATE: Oklahoma City Public Schools cancels evening activities, OCU closing at 3 p.m. due to winter weather
Northwest Oklahoma is under a winter storm warning. Central Oklahoma is under a winter weather advisory with 2 to 4 inches of snow possible Tuesday afternoon and evening.
2:30 p.m. Edmond Public Schools and Mustang Public Schools have canceled all evening activities and classes, officials report.
Videoview all videos
Feb 12Snow falls in the Oklahoma City metro area Tuesday, Feb. 12.
Feb 12Light to occasionally moderate snow will continue from...
Photoview all 66 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
2:10 p.m. Oklahoma City University will close at 3 p.m., according to the school's website.
12:20 p.m. Oklahoma City Public Schools is canceling all evening activities, including night classes, spokeswoman Tierney Tinnin said in a news release.
In Edmond, the University of Central Oklahoma announced on its website that the school is closing at 1 p.m. and that all classes are canceled and all offices are closed.
11:20 a.m. Snow is sticking to the ground across central Oklahoma as temperatures have dropped Tuesday morning. Cooler air has moved into central Oklahoma, said John Pike, meteorologist at the National Weather Service in Norman. Rain showers turned to heavy snow Tuesday morning as temperatures hovered around 33 degrees in Norman, he said. Western parts of the Oklahoma City area may see 3 inches to 5 inches of snow and other parts could have 2 inches to 4 inches before it ends. Central Oklahoma will remain under a winter weather advisory until 8 p.m., Pike said.
5 a.m. A winter storm warning is in effect until 8 p.m. Tuesday for northwest Oklahoma as snow moves toward central Oklahoma, the National Weather Service reports.
Central Oklahoma is under a winter weather advisory until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Snowfall has been reported north of Woodward Tuesday morning. Oklahoma City will have rain Tuesday morning with gusty winds from the north.
The Oklahoma Panhandle is also under a winter weather advisory with 2 to 5 inches of snow and up to 6 inches in some places possible Tuesday, the weather service reports.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33746Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15554Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10129Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9883Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8114Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8089Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister