Winter storm warning issued for northwest Oklahoma counties
A winter storm warning and advisory has been issued for five counties in northwest Oklahoma.
The warning was issued for Harper, Woods, Alfalfa, Ellis and Woodward counties, including the cities of Buffalo, Alva, Cherokee, Arnett and Woodward.
It will go into effect at 6 a.m. Wednesday and remain in effect through noon Thursday, according to the National Weather Service.
These counties could see snow and sleet accumulations of a half an inch to four inches.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 28939Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 26978Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5000Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say