Winter weather delaying high school basketball playoffs, other games
Editor's note: This story will be updated as often as we get information about cancellations/postponements. If you have information on a cancelled or postponed sporting event, please email Ryan Aber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winter weather that moved through Oklahoma on Thursday morning has pushed back several basketball playoff games, likely pushing back until Monday the full field for small-school state basketball tournaments.
The Class A area consolation games scheduled for Thursday at the Chisholm Trail Expo Center in Enid and Class B area consolation games at Woodward and Cleveland were pushed back to Friday night.
Those tournaments are likely to be decided Monday with the area consolation finals, pushing back the release of state tournament brackets in those classes.
The brackets were scheduled to be released Sunday with the state tournaments beginning next Thursday in the Oklahoma City area.
Several regionals were also postponed, including Class 4A regionals at John Marshall and Berryhill, Class 3A at Perkins and Class 2A at Morrison.
Class 6A and 5A girls playoffs are scheduled to open Thursday evening as well. None of those games have been postponed as of 8:45 Thursday morning.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister