Witness saw pregnant woman being fatally shot in The Village
A passenger in a car driven by the victim witnessed her being shot multiple times. Amber Dawn Stokke, 22, of The Village, was found dead in a car near Plymouth Lane and Sunnymeade Place.
THE VILLAGE — Police are counting the shooting death of a pregnant woman as a double homicide — the first two of 2013.
Videoview all videos
Jan 11A pregnant woman was found shot to death in a car near...
Photoview all photos
Amber Dawn Stokke, 22, was shot multiple times in her car outside her home at 10305 Sunnymeade Place about 11:30 p.m. Thursday, Deputy Chief Steve Jagosh said. She was six months pregnant.
“I never thought something like that would happen around here,” a neighbor said Friday. “It made me sick when I found out she was pregnant. It's sad because she never had a chance, and I feel for her family because it's two losses, not just one.”
A witness, who was a passenger in Stokke's car, told police they were backing out of the driveway when they were confronted by a black male. Stokke and the assailant exchanged words before he fired several shots into the car, the witness told police.
Stokke drove away while the shooter and another black male, who stood in the yard during the shooting, ran south on Sunnymeade, the witness told police.
Stokke drove about three blocks north before the car crashed into a fence at the corner of Sunnymeade and Plymouth, police said. She died at the scene.
“Everything is still under investigation,” Jagosh said. “We have no suspects, just the two descriptions of the two black males. At this point, we have no indication that they knew the suspects or that they had any relationship at all.”
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments