Wizards' Beal is day-to-day with sprained ankle
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Washington Wizards' team doctors say guard Bradley Beal has a sprained left ankle.
The doctors on Monday confirmed the initial diagnosis made after the rookie was hurt in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 90-87 win over the Philadelphia 76ers.
Beal was carried to the locker room by two teammates and was wearing crutches after the game, but he said an X-ray showed no serious damage.
The Wizards say Beal is day-to-day. Their next game is Wednesday on the road against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81018Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30448Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 30137Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 25654Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8097Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7386Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7344Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday