Wizards education worthless
They learned nothing! Despite having the all-time greatest player in their midst the past two season, the Washington Wizards have nothing to show but their ineptitude.
Wednesday night against the Lakers, the Wiz demonstrated to the world just how much better they are A.M. (After Michael).
Karl Malone's grin following Laker lay up after lay up - to Slava Medvedenko! - illustrated how poorly these Wizards play defense. Guys like Etan Thomas (from Tulsa Washington) and Kwame Brown (worst top pick ever?) last season complained about Jordan; this season they're still stiffs, resuming their roles as matadors. The purple and gold relentlessly drove the lane for uncontested baskets.
Players today often rip the old school for being out of touch. And we all tire of hearing the old schoolers (now commentators) talking about 'the good old days.'
But watching the Wizards was painful. You couldn't help but think they are the spoiled kids who still just don't get it: You've got to work to succeed.
Some national writers who said the Wiz would be better without Jordan this year. They're 6-9 but only 1.5 games out thanks to Philly being a division leading .
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers