Wolves exercise options on G Rubio, F Williams
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Timberwolves have exercised third-year options on guard Ricky Rubio and forward Derrick Williams for the 2013-14 season.
Rubio averaged 10.6 points, 8.2 assists and 4.2 rebounds per game last season. He finished as runner-up in the NBA's Rookie of the Year voting and finished sixth in the league, and first among rookies, in assists last season. The second-year guard from Spain is recovering from surgery in March to repair torn ligaments in his left knee.
Williams appeared in all 66 games for the Timberwolves as a rookie, averaging 8.8 points and 4.7 rebounds per game. The second overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft out of Arizona finished fifth among rookies in rebounding and seventh in scoring last season.
The Timberwolves announced the move on Tuesday.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments