Edmond woman is arrested twice in one day on separate drug complaints
EMSA called Oklahoma City police in reference to a woman in jail who had marijuana concealed in a body cavity, according to the police report.
Police from Oklahoma City and Edmond both arrested the same woman on drug complaints Tuesday.
Valerie Rose Borghini, 24, of Edmond, first was arrested about 12:40 a.m. Tuesday after an Edmond officer pulled her over for a defective brake light.
The officer smelled marijuana coming from Borghini's vehicle, searched it and found a baggie of a substance identified methamphetamine, according to the police report.
Borghini was arrested on a complaint of possession of a controlled dangerous substance, police said.
Oklahoma City police became involved in the case when an Emergency Medical Services Authority official called Tuesday afternoon to report Borghini had a baggie of marijuana in a body cavity while at the Oklahoma County jail.
EMSA workers were called to the jail and took Borghini to St. Anthony Hospital, where a doctor removed the baggie, police reported.
Oklahoma City police arrested Borghini on complaints of possession of marijuana and bringing contraband to jail.
She was taken back to the Oklahoma County jail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister