Separate accidents are fatal for two Oklahomans
A man killed in an accident in Edmond has been identified as Landon Burger, 18. The accident was on Coltrane Road, just south of 15th Street.
Two die in state wrecks
The deaths of two Oklahomans on state roads have been reported by authorities.
Landon Burger, 18, Edmond
Burger was driving about 8:20 p.m. Monday on Coltrane Road just south of 15th Street when his vehicle left the road, struck some trees and rolled into a ditch, Edmond police spokeswoman Jennifer Monroe said. The cause of the wreck was under investigation Tuesday.
Kathern M. Unwin, 73, Chester
Unwin was dead at the scene of a 7:30 p.m. Monday crash in Major County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported. Unwin was driving west on U.S. 60 about three miles west of Fairview when a pickup pulling a trailer went left of center and hit her vehicle head-on, the patrol reported. Shane T. Morgan, 41, of Cushing, was the pickup driver. Morgan and passengers Steven S. Herrmann, 37, of Chandler, and Mark A. Adkins, 29, of Perkins, were not injured. Edmond D. Smiley, 44 of Pineville, La., was driving a tractor-trailer that hit part of the load that spilled from Morgan's trailer. Smiley was not injured. Everyone involved wore a seat belt, the patrol reported.
FROM STAFF REPORTS
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit