Woman held on DUI complaint is accused of driving through Oklahoma City accident scene
Thomasine Harjo, 25, was arrested Wednesday after she drove her car up on to the curb and through the scene of a fatality accident being investigated by Oklahoma City police.
A Shawnee woman was arrested in Oklahoma City on Wednesday night on a complaint of driving under the influence after she allegedly drove her car up on to the curb and through the scene of a fatality accident.
Police were blocking off the scene of a fatality wreck near the corner of SW 59 and S Youngs Boulevard around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday when officers said a white Mercury Sable hopped the curb to get around a police car and then continued driving through police tape, almost hitting an officer, according to a police report.
Thomasine Nicole Harjo, 25, ignored several officers who were yelling at her to stop her car before she eventually put the car in park.
When police tried to talk with Harjo, she appeared disoriented and just stared into the distance when officers tried to speak with her.
Harjo told officers that she had not been drinking and that she was simply following the car in front of her.
Police said there were no cars in front of her.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister