Woman held on DUI complaint is accused of driving through Oklahoma City accident scene
Thomasine Harjo, 25, was arrested Wednesday after she drove her car up on to the curb and through the scene of a fatality accident being investigated by Oklahoma City police.
A Shawnee woman was arrested in Oklahoma City on Wednesday night on a complaint of driving under the influence after she allegedly drove her car up on to the curb and through the scene of a fatality accident.
Police were blocking off the scene of a fatality wreck near the corner of SW 59 and S Youngs Boulevard around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday when officers said a white Mercury Sable hopped the curb to get around a police car and then continued driving through police tape, almost hitting an officer, according to a police report.
Thomasine Nicole Harjo, 25, ignored several officers who were yelling at her to stop her car before she eventually put the car in park.
When police tried to talk with Harjo, she appeared disoriented and just stared into the distance when officers tried to speak with her.
Harjo told officers that she had not been drinking and that she was simply following the car in front of her.
Police said there were no cars in front of her.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in