Woman held on DUI complaint is accused of driving through Oklahoma City accident scene
Thomasine Harjo, 25, was arrested Wednesday after she drove her car up on to the curb and through the scene of a fatality accident being investigated by Oklahoma City police.
A Shawnee woman was arrested in Oklahoma City on Wednesday night on a complaint of driving under the influence after she allegedly drove her car up on to the curb and through the scene of a fatality accident.
Police were blocking off the scene of a fatality wreck near the corner of SW 59 and S Youngs Boulevard around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday when officers said a white Mercury Sable hopped the curb to get around a police car and then continued driving through police tape, almost hitting an officer, according to a police report.
Thomasine Nicole Harjo, 25, ignored several officers who were yelling at her to stop her car before she eventually put the car in park.
When police tried to talk with Harjo, she appeared disoriented and just stared into the distance when officers tried to speak with her.
Harjo told officers that she had not been drinking and that she was simply following the car in front of her.
Police said there were no cars in front of her.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad