Woman's salsa proves to be recipe for success
Susan Witt's unique recipe for salsa became the basis for her new company, Unique Foods.
About the company
• Owner: Susan Witt.
• Founded: 2012.
• Main product: Ace in the Bowl salsas.
• Where to buy: The Gourmet Gallery, Kaye's Gift Shop, Oklahoma's Red Dirt Emporium, On A Whim and others.
Unique salsas a winning hand
Twenty years ago, Susan Witt made salsa from her own recipe and brought it to a party. She was bombarded with requests to package, market and sell the salsa — but it just wasn't the right time for her, she said.
Witt continued making batches of salsa over the years, but finally decided 2012 was the year her unique recipe would be the basis for her new company, Unique Foods.
She attended a basic training workshop at Oklahoma State University's Robert M. Kerr Food & Agriculture Products Center in February and with their help, started developing “Ace in the Bowl” salsas.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister