Share “Woodward man accused of lewd molestation”

Woodward man accused of lewd molestation

Oklahoman Modified: July 1, 2008 at 10:13 pm •  Published: July 1, 2008
Advertisement
"He has fully cooperated..."

The reduction in bond visibly angered the family who brought the original complaint. The family attended the arraignment, but cannot be identified to protect the identity of the minor child.

Dowty's preliminary hearing was set for September 2, 2008 at 9:30.

According to Oklahoma Department of Human Services Director of Communication, George Earl Johnson Jr., the children that were in foster care in Dowty's home earlier this year were immediately removed upon the beginning of an investigation by their own office.

''When we started the investigation three months ago, we removed the children," Johnson said. " The Department of Human Services turned its findings over to the District Attorney's Office nearly three weeks ago."

Johnson said it is the Oklahoma Department of Human Services policy to remove children from harm's way if there is even a possibility for concern about the placement.

''As of two weeks ago, the home was officially closed," Johnson said. "Because of possible pending prosecution, the department can have no further statements about Mr. Dowty and or his relationship with the department or any of its clients."

Calls and messages left on Dowty's home phone were not returned.

Dowty's attorney, Bouse said he cannot discuss the case.

NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.

AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Kim Davis is a Democrat. Why does that matter?
  2. 2
    Report: Ex-OSU guard Stevie Clark suing Travis Ford, university
  3. 3
    Watch Oklahoma's top mental health officer dress, dance as Michael Jackson
  4. 4
    Tahlequah police tighten patrols in response to high-profile cases of violence toward officers
  5. 5
    I-40 westbound closed in east OKC due to trailer fire
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending crime Article