“Woody Guthrie at 100! Live at the Kennedy Center” will be included in special programming debuting on PBS stations beginning June 1 (check local listings).
Details on the concert presentation, provided by PBS, are as follows:
Join John Mellencamp, Jackson Browne, Tom Morello, Donovan, Ani DiFranco, Rosanne Cash, Old Crow Medicine Show and more for a special centennial celebration of the birth of America’s greatest folk singer/songwriter, Woody Guthrie. Recorded live at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C., this concert honors the music and the man, with performances of “This Land Is Your Land,” “This Train Is Bound for Glory,” and many other Guthrie greats. Produced and directed by four-time Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Jim Brown, the centennial concert was produced in collaboration with The GRAMMY Museum Foundation, Woody Guthrie Publications, and The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
WOODY GUTHRIE AT 100! LIVE AT THE KENNEDY CENTER features these performances:
• ”Union Maid” – Old Crow Medicine Show
• ”Ramblin’ Reckless Hobo” – Joel Rafael
• ”Pretty Boy Floyd” – Rosanne Cash with John Leventhal
• ”I’ve Got to Know” – Sweet Honey in the Rock
• ”Ease My Revolutionary Mind’ – Tom Morello
• ”Riding in My Car” – Donovan
• ”Deportee” – Ani DiFranco with Ry Cooder and Dan Gellert
• ”Do Re Mi” – John Mellencamp
• ”You Know the Night” – Jackson Browne with Rob Wasserman
• ”So Long, It’s Been Good to Know Yuh” – The Del McCoury Band with Tim O’Brien
• ”This Land Is Your Land” – All Performers
• ”This Train Is Bound for Glory” – All Performers
PBS special programming invites viewers to experience the worlds of science, history, nature and public affairs; hear diverse viewpoints; and take front-row seats to world-class drama and performances. Viewer contributions are an important source of funding, making PBS programs possible. PBS and public television stations offer all Americans from every walk of life the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television and online content.
Follow me on Twitter: @MelissaHayer
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.