Word of God is constant amid change
Columnist Walker Moore said newfangled products may come and go, but God’s Word remains constant.
Years ago, a young man in our church wanted to do something special for our family. He approached me and asked if we had a microwave oven.
I’d heard about these newfangled contraptions. As far as I knew, owning one was like having a personal atomic nuclear reactor. I grew up in the days when nuclear war was in the forefront of everybody’s mind. We had school drills and we were to either jump into a ditch or hide under our tiny wooden desks. I’d watched the show “Flash Gordon” and seen how destructive microwaves could be.
Before long, the young man gave us a microwave. Since we weren’t sure what to do with it, we started out by using it to boil water for tea and hot chocolate. Next, we got adventurous and tried...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates