Worker dies in accident at NW Indiana power plant
WHEATFIELD, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a contractor performing maintenance work at a northwestern Indiana power plant has died after an apparent fall.
Porter County Coroner Chuck Harris says 49-year-old Troy Jabaay of Hebron died Tuesday at Porter Regional Hospital. He tells The Times and the Post-Tribune that preliminary reports indicate Jabaay fell from scaffolding at Northern Indiana Public Service Co.'s Schahfer Generating Station in Wheatfield, about 30 miles southeast of Gary.
Indiana Department of Labor spokeswoman Chetrice Mosley says Jabaay worked for Safway Services LLC, a supplier of scaffolding, hoists and other equipment to construction sites.
She says the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate the incident.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 22333Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8521Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6853OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6505OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5318Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5086Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater