Workers should move on
Regarding "HUD withdraws deadline for downtown move" (news story, June 4): Enough is enough! Since when do employees in any business or government agency get to dictate to their employer when or if they will relocate to a new office building? Having grown up in Oklahoma City and lived there for 40 years, I can empathize with the bombing and the memories and scars it caused, but life goes on.
It's time to get the United States out of the United Nations and to throw that scandal-ridden, worthless, money-sucking, American-hating organization out of this wonderful land. Enough is enough and has been since the 1950s! It wouldn't be a total loss: We could give the U.N. building to Bill Clinton to use for additional office space. William E. Dickey Jr. Muskogee No intention
Iran wants us out of Iraq. It's sending suicide bombers and arming insurgents to keep Iraq unstable. We have to do something to stop Iran or it will control all of the oil in the Persian Gulf. If we let this happen it will create an energy crisis that will play havoc with our economy. Regarding "Tehran talks: Will new tactic bear fruit?" (Our Views, June 1): I don't see much hope for any productive talks with Iran to stop its nuclear program.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad