Workshop for photographers offered in Norman
A free workshop to prepare photographers for participation in the Norman Parks Foundation's annual Tree Photo Contest is set for July 10.
NORMAN — A free workshop for photographers is being offered July 10 in conjunction with the Norman Parks Foundation's eighth annual Tree Photo Contest.
Photography teacher Charles Rushton will offer tips on photographing nature from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 555 S University Blvd. The workshop will include an opportunity to shoot pictures outdoors.
Entries for the tree contest are due between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Nov. 5. The juried show will hang at First Fidelity Bank, Main Street and Peters Avenue, from Nov. 12-Dec. 14. Cash prizes totaling $2,000 will be awarded at a reception from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 14.
Professional and amateur photographers are invited to submit framed pictures of trees in both color and black and white. Entries should be turned in at Legend's Times Two, 1333 W Lindsey St.
For more information about the contest, call Joe Sparks at 364-7152 or Joyce Pitchlynn at 360-2698.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims