World Cup of Softball: OU's Keilani Ricketts strikes out six in U.S. win
Keilani Ricketts earned Team USA's first complete-game win Saturday night in an 9-0, five-inning victory against Canada.
She shut out the Canadians while striking out six and allowing four hits.
Photoview all 8 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I was just trying to get out of situations,” Ricketts said. “My defense was definitely helping me out with getting out of those jams. Offense was phenomenal tonight.”
U.S. coach Ken Eriksen was happy with Ricketts' performance.
“I put it all on Keilani right now,” he said. “Did a phenomenal job.”
PINK GAME RAISES AWARENESS
Team USA and the Netherlands had the honor of playing in the World Cup's fourth annual Pink Game. The game recognizes breast cancer survivors while raising awareness of the disease.
Umpires also participated by donning solid pink jerseys.
“It's a great honor, obviously, to play in this game,” Eriksen said.
TRAINA, THOMAS DOMINANT AGAINST DUTCH
Jackie Traina and Chelsea Thomas combined to strike out eight, walk one and allow one run against the Netherlands as the Americans won the first game of their doubleheader, 2-1.
Traina helped Alabama win the Women's College World Series title earlier this month. She also started her first game in red, white and blue versus the Netherlands, while Thomas improved to 2-0 in the tournament.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law