World Neighbors changes the world one community at a time
World Neighbors, an Oklahoma City-based nonprofit, helps communities in remote and impoverished parts of the world identify and solve problems.
John L. Peters stood before the congregation at St. Luke’s Methodist Church with no idea what to say.
Earlier in the week, he’d penned a proper sermon, but held in the grip of a conviction greater than his own, he’d tossed it out a few hours earlier. He felt compelled to speak the truths he’d learned as a military chaplain during World War II … but what would come out? Would anyone understand?
In the Philippines, he could say, he’d held a young soldier he knew in his arms, feeling him shake and shudder as life and blood gushed from a fatal chest wound. Kneeling in a filthy foxhole...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments