WR Saunders declared eligible for No. 13 Sooners
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — The NCAA has declared receiver Jalen Saunders eligible to play for No. 13 Oklahoma this season, just in time for the Sooners' rivalry game Saturday against No. 15 Texas.
Coach Bob Stoops announced Wednesday that Saunders' eligibility appeal had been approved by the NCAA. He transferred from Fresno State during the offseason and initially was ruled ineligible this season under NCAA transfer guidelines.
Saunders caught 50 passes for 1,065 yards last season and led the Western Athletic Conference with 12 touchdown catches.
Stoops says he's hopeful Saunders will be ready to play Saturday against the Longhorns.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located