WVU hospitals change visitation rules to avoid flu
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — Ruby Memorial Hospital and WVU Children's Hospital have new rules for visitors to help curtail the spread of the flu.
Starting Sunday, patients are limited to two visitors at any given time. Children under 12 are discouraged from visiting.
Hours are from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
WVU Hospitals president and CEO Bruce McClymonds says the changes will help protect patients, staff and the community at large.
He says the more exposure is limited, the less the flu will spread.
Anyone who has experienced flu-like symptoms in the previous 24 hours should not visit a hospital patient. Those who exhibit flu- or cold-like symptoms will be asked to wear a mask.
All visitors must register and obtain a badge before entering patient areas.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad