Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
“Xavier’s got a prom this weekend,” Carl Henry said. “I think they’re just going to try to make their decision this week. “They know what both coaches are about. They know what both of their styles are. Kentucky is Kentucky and Kansas is Kansas. I think if you go visit, you’re just wasting time.” Both Xavier and C.J. visited with the coaches whose programs they are considering while in New York over the weekend, where Xavier played in the Jordan Brand Classic. The brothers first met with Kansas coach Bill Self, then with Kentucky coach John Calipari. It’s been a whirlwind month-plus for Henry, The Oklahoman’s Super Five Player of the Year. On March 14, Henry — then a Memphis signee — helped Putnam City win a Class 6A state basketball championship. Since then, he’s been to Miami, Fla., for the McDonald’s All-American Game, where he found out Memphis coach Calipari had left for Kentucky. Immediately after that announcement, Henry announced he would be getting a release from Memphis and re-opening his recruitment, and the two most likely destinations were to follow Calipari to Kentucky or to play for Self at Kansas. Both of Xavier’s parents played at Kansas, and C.J. had initially committed there before deciding to pursue a professional baseball career. Since returning from Miami, Henry has gone to Portland, Ore., for the Nike Hoops Summit and New York for the Jordan Brand Classic.
Xavier and C.J. Henry won't be visiting Kentucky this weekend
The Xavier Henry recruiting rollercoaster continued Tuesday when his father, Carl Henry, said Henry and his brother, C.J. Henry, wouldn’t be visiting Kentucky this weekend after all.
News Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 18759Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10409Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9339Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7780Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6796UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6582Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister