Yahoo buys Alike app, terms not disclosed
NEW YORK (AP) — Yahoo says it has bought the startup Alike, the creator of a mobile app that helps people find nearby restaurants and places they'll like.
Financial terms of the deal, which was also posted on Alike's blog, was not disclosed. Yahoo Inc. said Tuesday that Alike's team will join Yahoo's mobile organization in San Francisco and Sunnyvale, Calif.
Alike says on its blog that it will stop supporting the Alike Nearby iPhone and Web applications.
Yahoo is acquiring Alike as Internet companies' mobile strategies are becoming increasingly important as more and more of their users are using smartphones and tablets to access content.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena