Yankees manager Joe Girardi ejected against Rays
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi has been ejected from a key game against the Tampa Bay Rays.
With the struggling Yankees clinging to a one-game lead over Baltimore in the AL East, an angry Girardi was tossed by plate umpire Tony Randazzo in the fourth inning Tuesday night.
It appeared New York's Chris Dickerson wanted timeout, but Randazzo did not grant it and Dickerson took a called third strike to end the inning. Dickerson didn't seem to like the call and moments later Girardi came storming out of the dugout, yanked his cap off his head and argued face-to-face with Randazzo.
Before heading back to the dugout, Girardi kicked dirt in the batter's box.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad