Yanks pitcher Hughes sidelined by back stiffness
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Yankees pitcher Phil Hughes has upper back stiffness and will be sidelined for a few days.
Hughes was hurt Monday during a defensive drill covering first base.
Says manager Joe Girardi: "There's always a little bit of concern, but it's upper back by his shoulder blades, so we'll see how he is in a couple days."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law