Young athletes learn cheer skills at Norman camp
A camp focusing on cheer and tumbling techniques was held at the Whittier Recreation Center in Norman this week. Enrollment remains open for two upcoming sports camps sponsored by the city.
NORMAN — Youngsters ages 5 to 12 practiced gymnastics moves and learned cheering techniques at a city-sponsored Cheer and Tumbling Camp this week at the Whittier Recreation Center.
The camp was one of several sports camps offered this summer by the city's Parks and Recreation Department.
Enrollment is still open for two upcoming camps, one focusing on strength and conditioning and the other emphasizing speed and agility.
The Strength and Conditioning Camp will be from 10 a.m. to noon July 30 through Aug. 1. The Speed and Agility Camp is set for 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 6-8.
The coed camps are for ages 8 to 14. Cost is $75. Both camps will be at the Whittier Recreation Center, 2000 W Brooks St.
For more information or to enroll, call 292-9703 or email email@example.com.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort