Your Life: Choose your words wisely
Charlotte Lankard: The words we use can have more effect than we realize. Choose yours wisely.
Then there were the words of a doctor speaking on palliative care who said when we are facing our dying time there are only 11 words that matter: “Please forgive me. I forgive you. Thank you. I love you.”
Then there was the luscious bouquet of fresh flowers with a card that only had two words on it.
We underestimate the impact our words have on others.
Perhaps you would like to join me in giving more thought to how I listen and the words I choose when I speak. They matter.
Charlotte Lankard is a licensed marriage and family therapist in private practice. Email her at email@example.com.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims