Your Life: Laughing, learning conquers boredom
Bored people are boring people. If you'd rather find something to do besides sit and complain, check out laughter yoga or adult learning classes.
Bored people are boring people. If you'd rather find something to do besides sit and complain, check out these two opportunities I've recently discovered.
Anyone can join a free laughter yoga club. There are four in Oklahoma City:
• Tuesdays, 8:30 a.m., Laugh and Walk in the Park, Will Rogers Park's Arboretum trails, 3400 NW 36.
• Fridays, 10 a.m., Integris Third Age Life Center, 5100 N Brookline.
• Fridays, 5:55 p.m., 3030 NW Expressway, Union Plaza Lower Level.
• Saturdays 10:30 a.m., 701 N Council Road., Emerald Square Living Center.
If you are curious about laughter yoga, you can try it out. Bring your family, friends and neighbors Sunday afternoon from 3 to 4 p.m., to a special Laughing for Health session at Oklahoma City's Downtown Library, 300 Park Ave.
Oklahoma City's certified laughter yoga teacher, Ellen Mercer, describes it as a unique exercise routine combining laughter exercises with yoga breathing. Mercer says it brings more oxygen into the body and brain making one feel more energetic and healthy. For more information, go to www.ellenmercer.com.
A couple of weeks ago I mentioned an opportunity for older adults, age 50 and up — the Osher Life Learning Institute.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in