Your Life: Relationships are more important than being right
Charlotte Lankard: A lack of mutual respect is creating a society of rudeness and divisiveness.
And who among us has not at some time put someone else down trying to elevate our own importance? All of us would do well to remember the words of the psalmist.
Whether it is defending our point of view, stating our opinion, marching in protest or debating the issues we deem important, what keeps us from using good manners?
Our children are watching. How different their future might be if we were teaching them that the relationships we have with one another are far more important than a need to prove we are right.
Charlotte Lankard is a licensed marriage and family therapist in private practice. Contact her at email@example.com.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims