Your Life: The 12 answers for last week's questions
Charlotte Lankard's column last week featured 12 questions for people who know everything … and here are the answers.
Last week I published 12 questions for people who know everything — and here are the answers:
The one sport in which no one knows the score or the leader until the contest ends is boxing.
The famous North American landmark constantly moving backward is Niagara Falls. The rim is worn down about 2.5 feet each year because of all the water that rushes over it every minute.
Only two vegetables — asparagus and rhubarb — can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons.
The only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching it, is baseball.
The fruit that has its seeds on the outside is a strawberry.
In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine and hasn't been cut in any way. This is possible because the bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place. The bottle is left in place for the whole growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.
Only three common words in Standard English begin with the letters “dw”. They are dwarf, dwell and dwindle.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister