Yukon church offers walk-thru dramatization of Christ's Passion
ActiveChurch's Easter walk-thru dramatization called “The Passion” continues Saturday and Sunday at the Yukon church, 400 N Yukon Parkway.
YUKON — A local church wants to immerse visitors in the Easter story.
Visitors to ActiveChurch's “The Passion” dramatization will experience what it was like to walk with Jesus as He makes His triumphant entry into Jerusalem.
They will sit with Him while He eats his Last Supper with His disciples and listen as He kneels in the Garden of Gethsemane to pray to His heavenly Father.
Michele Hardy, the church's administrator, said attendees will see Jesus be beaten by a Roman soldier, then nailed to a cross alongside two thieves.
And they will see Him rise from the dead and walk from His tomb — an act which Christians throughout the world will celebrate on Easter Sunday.
“We live in such a sight and sound society,” Hardy said.
“This generation has got to see it and hear it to feel that they are there.”
Hardy, whose husband, Deral, is the church's pastor, said this is ActiveChurch's fourth year to present the walk-thru experience. The dramatization began Friday and also will be presented Saturday and Sunday.
“We transport people back about 2,000 years. It's almost like a painting come to life,” said Ron Vavak, the church leader who coordinates “The Passion.”
“It's very in-your-face evangelism, because at any time, they are less than 5 feet from the action.”
Michele Hardy said the church at 400 N Yukon Parkway was founded about four and a half years ago and is affiliated with the Pentecostal Holiness denomination.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad