Yukon couple convicted of child abuse
A Canadian County jury has recommended Sonja Kluth spend the rest of her life in prison. John and Sonja Kluth forced their adopted children to eat pet food and kept them in dog crates, according to testimony.
EL RENO — A Canadian County jury has recommended Sonja Kluth spend the rest of her life in prison after she was convicted of child abuse, a court official said Tuesday.
John and Sonja Kluth, of Yukon, both were found guilty of child abuse and child neglect in connection with their three adopted children about 9:45 p.m. Monday.
Trial testimony showed the Kluths forced the children to eat pet food and kept them in dog crates.
The jury recommended John Kluth be sentenced to 10 years on each of the five counts and Sonja Kluth, in addition to a life sentence, receive 25 years for each count child neglect.
Sentencing is set for July 24.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20967Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17573Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12128Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9194Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8604Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8594Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense