Yukon couple convicted of child abuse
A Canadian County jury has recommended Sonja Kluth spend the rest of her life in prison. John and Sonja Kluth forced their adopted children to eat pet food and kept them in dog crates, according to testimony.
EL RENO — A Canadian County jury has recommended Sonja Kluth spend the rest of her life in prison after she was convicted of child abuse, a court official said Tuesday.
John and Sonja Kluth, of Yukon, both were found guilty of child abuse and child neglect in connection with their three adopted children about 9:45 p.m. Monday.
Trial testimony showed the Kluths forced the children to eat pet food and kept them in dog crates.
The jury recommended John Kluth be sentenced to 10 years on each of the five counts and Sonja Kluth, in addition to a life sentence, receive 25 years for each count child neglect.
Sentencing is set for July 24.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater