Yukon Czech Festival hosting blood drive
YUKON -- Blood donors can show their community and school spirit by donating with Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) Saturday, Oct. 6. Yukon Czech Festival is sponsoring a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., on Main Street.
Each blood donor will receive the choice of a free University of Oklahoma or Oklahoma State University blood donor T-shirt and a chance to win a pair of tickets to the 2012 Bedlam football game.*
Oklahoma Blood Institute exclusively provides every drop of blood needed by patients in all hospitals in the metro-OKC area. Some 140 other medical facilities across the state rely solely on OBI donors to provide life-saving blood for their patients.
Any donor who prefers to support Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals -- locally, Children’s Hospital Foundation -- can forgo the T-shirt. In turn, Oklahoma Blood Institute will make a monetary donation of similar value to Children’s Hospital Foundation.
It’s a chance to ‘doubly give’ to local children battling critical health conditions – through the life-saving gift of blood and support for pediatric medical research, community outreach and treatment initiatives.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?