Two die in accidents on Oklahoma roads
Two men died in accidents on Oklahoma roadways.
Two men have died after accidents on Oklahoma roads.
Jeffrey Lyn Willis, 45, of Yukon
Willis died as a result of a motorcycle crash Sunday in Oklahoma City, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported Wednesday. Willis was traveling at an unsafe speed around a curve when he lost control and crashed about 11:25 p.m. on Interstate 44 just north of Interstate 240, the patrol reports. He was not wearing a helmet.
Samuel R. Cruz, 30, of Durant
Cruz died after he was pinned between a pickup and a trailer about 6 p.m. Tuesday just east of Durant in Bryan County, according to the patrol. He was stopped along U.S. 70 and was picking up debris that had fallen off a trailer when an eastbound pickup hit the trailer, according to the patrol report. Cruz died at the scene. The driver of the eastbound pickup, Eddie Claborn Jr., 82, of Durant, was treated at a hospital and released.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister