Yukon students prepare for return to school
Yukon schools will see technology updates and an increase in students.
YUKON — School begins Thursday in Yukon, and the year will start out with new technology and an uptick in enrollment.
NewsOK Related Articles
Dawn Danker-Pearce, chief education officer for the district, said district enrollment was only one student short of 8,000 as of Wednesday.
That's up from 7,700 students the previous school year.
“The line was out the door during enrollment,” Danker-Pearce said. “That's nice, but there are challenges that come with that.”
Updates are priority
As the district grows, campus updates have been a priority. This year, every building has wireless Internet technology.
Soon, all teachers will have laptop computers as well, Danker-Pearce said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister