Zusi lifts Sporting KC to 2-1 win over United
KANSAS CITY, Kansas (AP) — Graham Zusi scored the winning goal and set up another to lift Sporting Kansas City to a 2-1 win over D.C. United and into sole possession of first place in Major League Soccer's Eastern Conference on Saturday.
Teal Bunbury headed in Zusi's corner in the 13th minute to open the scoring, but Nick DeLeon equalized in the 23rd for United.
United appeared in position to pick up a point until Zusi collected Kei Kamara's long cross in the 63rd minute and sent a shot past keeper Bill Hamid.
In other matches, and the San Jose Earthquakes extended their lead atop the MLS standings with a 2-1 win over the Seattle Sounders, the Vancouver Whitecaps edged Real Salt Lake 2-1 and Dallas weathered the Colorado Rapids 3-2
Steven Lenhart headed home a Shea Salinas corner from the top of Seattle's box in stoppage time to give San Jose the home win and move four points clear of Kansas City in the standings.
Simon Dawkins put San Jose ahead in the 71st minute before Fredy Montero leveled the match in the second minute of added time with a header from point-blank range.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 62337Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 33106Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31955Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14420Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8241Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6093Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4001Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman