Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
True story from the Boone Pickens Stadium pressbox Saturday night. I asked Harris poll voter Pat Quinn, the former Oklahoma State University sports information director, how he would vote OU and Texas if the Sooners won Saturday night. “Oh, I don’t know,” Quinn said. “Doesn’t really matter.” Really? “I think Alabama and Penn State will probably play for the national championship,” Quinn said. You do? “They’re the only undefeated teams, aren’t they,” Quinn said. Uh, actually, Penn State has a loss. “Oh well,” Quinn said, “those Big Ten teams have a lot of votes.”
A Harris Interactive poll head-scratcher
Some have questioned the validity of the Harris Interactive poll, which has had a spotty run in its four years as being part of the BCS.The skepticism could be valid.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?