Royal Bavaria — authentic German food, beer from scratch
NORMAN — As executive chef and owner, Andy Gmeiner is the mastermind behind a completely unique restaurant — Royal Bavarian, 3401 S Sooner Road.
5:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday to Friday
4 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday
4 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday
He exhibit’s a philosophy through his restaurant which few establishments have throughout the country.
Andy Gmeiner is a Munich, Germany, native. After culinary school in Germany, Gmeiner was hired to move to Oklahoma to be the chef of Royal Bavaria. The restaurant open in January 1994 under Gmeiner’s vision. He left to take on other jobs, but in 2005, he returned to the restaurant and bought it in January 2008.
Gmeiner said at Royal Bavaria, everyone takes pride in making everything from scratch, whether it is salad dressings, homemade pastas, or the beer brewed in house.
Gmeiner brews three beers in the restaurant’s own brewery which is visible from every table in the dining room. There is a traditional Munich lager, a classic Hefeweizen, and the always popular Oktoberfest.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims