Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
For the season, Bradford is 185-of-264 for 2,509 yards and 28 touchdowns with just six interceptions. Only three quarterbacks in the country are ahead of Bradford's 70.1 completion percentage. •Learning experience: In an otherwise exceptional performance Saturday night, Bradford made one mistake, a pass that was thrown into tight coverage and intercepted at the goal line. "To me there's still a lot of learning ahead of him,” offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said. "I'm sure he'll put that one in the bank and grow and go on down the road.” •A little help: OU coach Bob Stoops can get some help in the national title race from his brother, Mike Stoops, this week. Mike's Arizona Wildcats host No. 2 Oregon Thursday night on ESPN (Cox 29). Bob Stoops said he has visited with his brother about the game, but Bob says he doesn't need to give Mike any advice on how to play against the Ducks. "He played them awfully well last year,” Bob said. "We talk through a few things, overall, some of the things we've seen or anything that pertains — just casually.” Bob also doesn't have to tell Mike about the value for both programs in an upset over Oregon. "He understands that,” Bob said. "I'm sure he'd like to (win), for his sake and for ours.”
Notebook: A little brotherly love between the Stoopses?
Bradford back on topWith his 21-of-26, 353-yard passing performance, Oklahoma freshman quarterback Sam Bradford climbed back to the top of the NCAA's passing efficiency chart. Bradford's efficiency rating of 180.4 is ahead of Florida's Tim Tebow at 177.1. Texas Tech's Graham Harrell comes in third at 165.3.
Videoview all videos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims