Oregon football uniforms: Choices, choices
It would take 40 seasons, with bowl games, for Oregon to wear all of its uniform combinations.
When the Ducks debuted their redesign in 2006, the collection of different-colored jerseys, pants, helmets, socks and shoes totaled 384 possible variations. The addition of a fourth helmet — iridescent gold with silver flames — that was worn in the 2006 Las Vegas Bowl bumped the total to 512.
NewsOK Related Articles
Oregon has four colors of helmets, jerseys, pants and socks, and two colors of shoes. And if you want to get technical, the Ducks have two different black jerseys — one with the metal pattern on the shoulders and another with silver wings that was worn just once last season.
This season, the captains chose the uniform combination for each game. So what's the attire for the Holiday Bowl?
"We picked it, like, two weeks ago," defensive end Nick Reed said with a laugh. "I don't really remember what we picked."
The Ducks will wear the black jerseys with yellow numbers and metal pattern on the shoulders, with black pants and the usual green helmet.
By Scott Wright
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash